In an interesting development a mother of one of the victims on board Malaysian flight MH17 which had been flying over Ukrainian airspace before it was shot down is now suing the Ukrainian authorities.
The mother of the victim has began legal proceedings which she hopes to sue the Ukrainian authorities in the European Court of Human Rights for around $1 million for pain and suffering.
The mother who is a German citizen brought her case against the Ukrainian authorities to the European Court of Human Rights last week. The case is being put forward on grounds of negligent homicide.
The mother of “Olga L” will have her case presented by professor of aviation law Elmar Giemulla who also represents other German victims families of MH17.
“Each state is responsible for the security of its air space,” Giemulla said in September. “If it is not able to do so temporarily, it must close its air space. As that did not happen, Ukraine is liable for the damage.”
From the outset the Ukrainian authorities claimed that MH17 was shot down by “separatists” referencing pictures from social networks and videos which were uploaded to youtube of a supposed conversation between a member of the Self Defense Militia and a member of the Russian Armed Forces.
According to Ukrainian Security Service titles – militia group commander nicknamed “Bes” (“Igor Bezler”) and his alleged coordinator, “Vasily Geranin,” who is titled in the video as “a colonel of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces.”
The usual mainstream outlets ran with this as clear evidence that “Russian backed separatists” were to blame for the downing of MH17. The fact of the matter is that these conversations are impossible to verify for all we know the whole thing could have been scripted and done by actors.
The fact the conversations can not be verified mattered not to most mainstream outlets in the west. All the claims and counter claims were constant but the evidence has been mounting to suggest that the Ukrainian authorities claims are wrong.
First hand accounts by witnesses of the surrounding areas claimed to have seen a Ukrainian military jet in the skies at the same time MH17 was shot down. On July 23, 2014 the BBC published a report on the downing of MH17 which was later deleted.
But why did they delete this report which was done by Olga Ivshina? In the report witness after witness pointed out to have heard and seen another plane in the sky and some even suggested it was a military jet. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_R2NA1txc)
This along with many other documented eye witness accounts may help shine a light on what had really taken place the day of the downing of MH17. In a preliminary report by the ICAO on the downing of MH17 pointed towards the plane having been shot down not by a single rocket or missile but by multiple “high-energy objects from outside the aircraft.” .
Its key conclusion is that the plane had no mechanical or other technical problem in the seconds before it broke up in midair. The latest report from the intelligence community was headlined on August 3rd by Robert Parry, “Flight 17 Shoot-Down Scenario Shifts,” and he revealed there that,
“Contrary to the Obama administration’s public claims blaming eastern Ukrainian rebels and Russia for the shoot-down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, some U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded that the rebels and Russia were likely not at fault and that it appears Ukrainian government forces were to blame, according to a source briefed on these findings. This judgment — at odds with what President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry have expressed publicly — is based largely on the absence of U.S. government evidence that Russia supplied the rebels with a Buk anti-aircraft missile system that would be needed to hit a civilian jetliner flying at 33,000 feet, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.”
What should also be noted is that one of the first OSCE monitors on the scene of the crashed plane remarked “There have been two or three pieces of fuselage that have been really pockmarked with what almost looks like machine-gun fire, very very strong machine-gun fire.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ze9BNGDyk4)
But to top it all off a pact was made between members of the Investigation Team and those country’s involved including the U.S. and Ukraine. The pact allows for any information or evidence that may be harmful to one of the participants to be kept secret.
Dutch Ministry of Security and Justice is more worried about saving face among the members of the investigation.
“I believe that this interest [international relations] is of greater importance than making the information public, as it is a unique investigation into an extremely serious event,” the Ministry added, according to Elsevier.
Are we ever going to learn what actually happened that day ? I for one don’t know but what i do know is that there are individuals and certain establishments who would like to see this event just disappear as if it had never happened.
We are certainly not being told the full story and now with this pact we might never get the full story at all…